Sunday, October 14, 2012

Baby Fever.

Babies. Children. Whipper Snappers.

All the same to me.

I have come to the age where my friends are in one of the following categories:

1. Engaged and flaunting their happiness over every social network.

2. Married and consistently busy or asking permission of the spouse before they're able to do anything.

3. Single and praying for the above.

I didn't add "having or have a baby" to this list for the simple fact that girls around me have been popping out babies since high school. Hello, modern times.

The one thing every woman in this list do share is bouts of Baby Fever. It comes on fast and strong, so be forewarned lady friends.

First, you notice that those infant sized converse are actually cute despite being the price of an adult pair of converse. Next, you start noticing that every baby is adorable, especially the chunkers (curse those cheeks). Finally, you find yourself planning out your fake babies whole life and stopping at the baby section every time you visit the store.

I, thank goodness, have not caught this fever. However, most of the ladies around me have. Especially one roommate. Every time we go to Target, I find us perusing the baby section unplanned.

"Kelly, how cute would this be on my baby??"
"Wha...I thought we were in the office supplies..."

The Baby Fever takes hold of its victim and doesn't let go easily. Even after working six months for Disney with kids causing a ruckus and being on a bus with child screaming like an overweight opera singer, my roommate was starry eyed and squealing in the baby section.

Lesson learned: Babies make people crazy.

If the Baby Fever progresses to the next stage (Your Eggos Be Prego), one becomes obsessed and stressed immediately. Scary stuff, my friends. So prepare yourself for the Baby Fever and take the proper precautions to keep it away until you're ready.

The Precautions.

1. Watch Gremlins and assume that is what your baby will be. Just add apple juice.

2. Lock yourself in a room with a toddler and tell them Santa isn't real. And that he is actually a bikes from Philly.

3. Babysit twins every week.

Safety begins with you, friends. That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment